Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting my bearings in Rome

May 26 was my first full day in Rome. I thought it would be a good idea to get my bearings and determine how long it would take to get to my water exercise class each morning. On the suggestion of my husband (not exactly the best idea) I took two different buses at rush hour to the pool location. The circuitous route took 1 hours and 1 minutes. I took Bus 218 to St. John Lateran and then Bus 3 past the Coloseo (Coliseum), Circo Massimo (Circus Maximus) and over the Aventine Hill. After arriving at my destination I found the nearest bar for a cappuccino! I decided to try and walk back to the apartment. That took 45 minutes, saved a Euro and gave me great exercise. I have been walking back and forth most of the time since. The view is a little different: I walk past the Roman Walls, the Terme di Caracalla, the Circo Massimo.

Below are the sites I walk by everyday:

No comments:

Post a Comment